Thursday, January 31, 2008

What is your plan?

I watched most of the CNN GOP debate tonight, while I was disapponted that Ron Paul barely got a word in that isn't the issue. Huckabee has a good sense of humor, McCain is a liberal and in the wrong party and Romney stands for a lot of what I agree with but Ron Paul is the only candidate that believes in the constitution and will work on shrinking the government and not making it bigger.

One question was something like this, "What is your plan to help those with bad credit and can't pay their mortgages due to the ARM"s ?"

This is one of the many problems we face in this country. Too many people look to the government to solve their problems. This is not the government's problem just like so many things aren't.

People look to the government to take care of them and fix their problems. This has been developing for years and I believe that the public school system has a hand in this. It has been dumbing people down for too long. Certain people in the government (and the media) also make it clear that we are too stupid to think for ourselves and need them to tell us what to do.

It is not the government's fault that you have bad credit and can't pay your mortgage, it's not their fault that you signed on the dotted line. ARM's have caused a lot of financial trouble for many companies and individuals. I saw that Countrywide went bankrupt, they carried our last mortgage, Bank of America is buying them.

This should not be a question posed to presidential candidates, my gosh take some responsibility for your actions.

I speak from experience here, due to circumstances that were out of our control we have had a bad financial year. Our credit has gone from very good to very bad and we are having a hard time paying bills BUT we are not looking to the government to come bail us out.

We can NOT run away from our problems and expect that Big Brother will take care of us. We need to take care of ourselves and be responsible for our own actions. This country would be so much better off if people were responsible and not looking for entitlements. Oh by the way I hate that politically correct term. Why are you entitled to sit on your ass and get a hand out while my husband has to work his ass off for less???

You want to know where that came from? When we lived in CA, we knew people who were getting welfare and they got more money than Jason made working. This was before the system was changed in CA but it is still relevant.

I am so sick of big government, please people don't let it get bigger. We can change things, it won't be easy but it will be worth it.

3 comments:

justjuls said...

You have got to read some of the Bluestocking/Uncle Eric books - the one that really got me was Are You Liberal, Conservative or Confused - which I know you're not confused - but the book talks about the perspective of juris naturalis - basically self-government - that has two components -
1. Do all that you say you will do
2. Do not encroach on others or their property

I love this concept - however, have we gone to far to go back to this?
And how would we account for the sin nature - knowing that people will encroach on each other? Ah - the government would form all over again.
I agree with you - I just don't see practically how it can work. Any ideas?

Tina said...

I agree with you on most points. I too believe that people aren't willing to take responsibility for their selves. Government is a problem in many areas of our lives. I don't have the solution and I don't see it getting better. We've come too far on that road.
Tina

Lisa said...

Thanks!

Glad to see you are for Ron Paul! I'm sure my mom has said how crazy I am about him. lol I have been supporting him since before he declared, I started looking at everyone that was going to run and he was the only one I liked. It all seems like common sense to me but I guess that isn't all that common anymore. I really can't understand why he doesn't have pretty much all the homeschool vote! Huckabee who has a lot of homeschool vote is endorsed by the NEA, how can that be good for homeschooling lol.

Even if he doesn't win he has started a revolution, I have already seen people running for different offices as a "Ron Paul republican." Also his son Rand is very political so Rand in 2012 or 2016 if Ron doesn't win lol.