Tuesday, January 22, 2008

An addition to the 19 years post

I'll try to keep it simple, LOL! I thought of two things that were said to me and I wanted to share them because they are funny and were true. In the process of remembering these little tidbits I was flooded with so many thoughts and memories of my past and that led me right to my present thoughts on my life and this country.

I know too much to process, I need a secretary or something, or in the least bit a tape recorder that I can talk into while I'm in the tub. As you all now my best stuff comes through my mind in the tub then most of it goes down the drain. Man that sucks!

One of my very dear friends in high school named Scott once said to me that I treat men(well I guess they were boys but always older than me) like I treat my cigarettes, I light them up, smoke them, then throw them away. I have to admit that his observances were first hand...

When I first moved to Lockport, NY I was 14 and full of serious rebellion, lack of respect, understanding or even feeling like I was a valid person. My dad who did not see me since I was 11 had his work cut out for him. It took me a few years to trust him and then realize that I had to earn his trust and respect. One of my life lessons that I will never forget and may elaborate on someday.

Of course if I had a normal childhood I may not have been so passionate about my own parenting...

No scratch that idea, my mom said I came out kicking and screaming and I haven't shut up since. In other words I never have nor do I plan on taking people's shit. I have always stood up for myself and what I believe in, surprised huh?

I can't believe the people that I hear say that since they had to endure school and they HAVE to go work at a job they hate, that they put their own kids through the same BS. It is totally baffling to me... Well I had to suffer damnit so do you, I want you to learn from an early age that life's a bitch then you die!

Oh my gosh I feel sorry for those kids and those people. We were all exposed to the dumbing down but not all of us reacted the same. I know that most people reading here are like me, they are out of that box, they never fit, they don't want their own kids to be succumbed to the mindless drones of the masses. We are separate, we are still free last I checked, there is hope. I tell you if I had the money I would be handing out Holt and Gatto books at the corner, not kidding. Do NOT put your kid in school, let them have a mind of their own, let them choose their path.

OK I can babble... I told Jason the other day that I need someone to talk to because he knows me so well and I don't say anything that shocks him...

Back to what my dad said the night I went out with Jason . He always told me that I change boyfriends like I change my underwear, and for the record it was once a day and sometimes twice :)

You guys will love this, I was such a busy person that I didn't have time to do laundry. My dad and stepmom weren't going to do it, I was 17 after all. So I had a job, I had my own money, I bought underwear every week, I am not kidding, I bought new outfits too... sheesh who has time for laundry when they are in school all day working after school and weekends and partying as much as possible??

My dad was sick of meeting guys that never came back. So Jason pulled up to get me and came to the door, my dad was upstairs and I went and got him. He said "Am I ever going to see this one again?" I said yes dad you will most definetly see this one again :)

We got in the car, Jason turns to me and says "I'm bringing you home EARLY" My dad is a big man and can look intimidating and Jay was a skinny white boy...

But daddy walked me down the aisle 4 years later :)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I had the opposite problem when I was a kid. I couldn't get a date or a boyfriend to save my life! Still makes me sad to think of it, actually.

Colleen Paeff said...

Awww. Funny how you just "know" huh? :)

Grace Walker said...

Loves it!! :o)