Saturday, September 08, 2007

Learning happens

In an environment conducive to learning while living, learning happens as a natural progression, you can't stop it.

Here's the latest example from last night. Cassie and I were playing tic-tac-toe in her room and Jared came in and started playing with his doodleboard. He asked me what 100 and 4 make so I told him 104, he proceeded to write 100+4=104 on his board, he then kept asking me questions and writing things down and many he figured out on his own.

He has exploded lately with reading, writing, spelling and now math, major learning spurt happening here. I looked at Cassie and I said *See, I don't ever want you to believe that you have to go to school to learn anything* You know schooled friends can fill her head with stuff...

She just smiled so big and said *Hurry give me a book he reads better than me*

No comments: