Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I love Unschooling

I don't know what is is but I am so jazzed when I see others embracing unschooling. I have been reading blogs from those who went to the Live and Learn Conference and Life is Good and Rethinking Education. It is so awesome to see so many people ditch public school and embrace real learning, life long learning, it is so exciting to me.

I have never been a public school advocate, I went there, for God sake I can't fathom why any sane person would send their child there against their will. I see people sending their kids to an institution every day without thinking twice about it . I really believe that most people don't think about it and just do it because they believe that is what they are supposed to do. I used to call it free babysitting but really all of our tax dollars fund public schools whether our kids attend or not so it really isn't free.I was reading Shell's blog and her latest post was called Who is school for? My link brain isn't working, in my blog bar she is Oh the thinks you can think. She talks about how kids learn everything and anything without school so who is school for. Very good question and I agree with her answer that it is for parents not for kids. If kids had a choice I believe that they would want to be home with their parents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph...wow- I'm famous! (lol) My (new'ish) blog is http://www.freewebs.com/ohthethinksyoucanthink/shellsblog.htm

It;s a tad boring, but visitors are always welcome :0)

I can't wait to read the rest of yorus- it is now ion my favourites...and I agree- I love Unschooling!
Shell (in NZ)
DS8, DD5, DS 10 months