Saturday, August 18, 2007

Unschooling Voice

Are you a voice for unschooling? I try to be every day to anybody who will listen.

I have some influence on real life friends and I hope some on my cyber friends. Sometimes I think that NOBODY is listening but then I get a little email or a few words that tell me otherwise. Keep those coming I haven't gotten one in awhile.

I try so hard to help people understand the effects of public school but also of school at home. Some people want us all to rally together as homeschoolers, support each other for doing something different. While I can see the point of this I personally believe that school at home can be just as damaging. If a child is in an authoritarian parenting school with no choice but to sit and do Abeka, what do they do for themselves? At least if they go to school they can come home but if school IS home then they are stuck.

I just feel bad for all the kids who are sent away or who are stuck without any choice. I wish I could educate the parents so that they could open their eyes to their own dumbing down and see what they are doing to their kids.

Real, natural learning was around long before compulsary schooling. What the hell does the government know about learning anyway. Too many people have given up their rights and are being taken over by government interference . It is apparant that we can't think for ourselves and need someone else to think for us...NOT! Sorry this wasn't meant to be an attack on the government, LOL that is a separate issue :)

I love, live and breathe unschooling, it is what it is, it is freedom in learning, it is choice, it is life long living and learning, it is awesome. So tell someone about it!!!!


4 comments:

justjuls said...

You do Stephanie - and it shows. Keep it comin' girl. You are my hero.

Tina said...

I agree Steph. You are the one who encourages me.
Please don't stop
Tina

Amanda said...

Hi Stephanie! I've lurked on your blog for a while now. :) Thanks for your comment on mine!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you can actually separate "schooling" of any kind from government brainwashing. Can you? I can't. ;-)

I started out "school at home" and the kids HATED it. Caleb said to me one day, "if I knew it was going to be like this I would have stated in public school." That really hit me and I started to pray about it. If the Lord thought the PS way of things was right, why did He lead me to remove them?

What a revelation! We've been learning in freedom ever since.