Thursday, August 16, 2007

Philosophy

I have lots of thoughts that would probably be better broken up into several entries but who knows where this one will go...

Homeopathy is a lot like unschooling, what I mean is in order to unschool you must deschool and unlearn everything that you have been taught about learning. In order to get and practice and understand Homeopathy you must unlearn everything that you have been taught about modern medicine, you must DE medicalize yourself.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am studying Homeopathy and I plan to pursue it maybe even become certified to treat others. At this point I know enough to treat basic first aid and acute illness in my family and friends who will let me.

I have been under the care of a CCH(certified classical homeopath) for a year now. It took awhile but I am seeing marked improvement in my overall condition. I have several chronic issues that I have had for years. I have been treated with so many drugs that I didn't know what was worse the ailment or the side effects from the next drug that was thrown at me.

De medicalizing is a process that I have been in for a few years now. You start questioning practices and mainstream ideas like vaccines and flouride to start. I won't elaborate much but we stopped vaccinating over 3 years ago and I have been on the learning curve ever since.

I stopped all drugs a few years ago and started looking into alternatives like herbs and anything natural.

Just to give you an idea of my *medical diagnosis* I have/had several. Asthma, allergies, IBS, anxiety,severe hormonal imbalance/PMS, endometriosis, gastroparesis to name a few.
A big difference between allopathy and homeopathy is that H takes all symptoms into account including emotional/ mental, physical and general, what makes it better/ worse when it started , stress, changes, anything and everything about you goes into prescribing a remedy it is a science and an art. With A they just treat physical symptoms without looking for underlying cause. A is very anti, anti-biotic, anti-histamine, anti-bacterial, anti-viral anti anti anti. With H the basis is that like cures like and that the body given the right jump start will heal itself.

That's enough for now. My main point is always to question everything and then question it again.

1 comment:

Grace Walker said...

Excellent post, Stephanie! I love your perspective and passion about life. It's refreshing. :o) Thanks for sharing.

Sheryl