Thursday, December 18, 2008

Want to giggle?

At my expense...

Did you ever see the movie Mousehunt?

Ok, it's not that bad...

Yet...

We have a mouse, well I think it's more than one.

He has been getting bolder at making his appearances.

I admit that I am a wimp, I get all jumpy and afraid to go into my kitchen at night.

Last week he was in the garbage can, I had just changed the bag so there wasn't anything in there. We heard this sound coming from the cupboard and so I opened the door and he was jumping around trying to get out of the can.

I closed the door because I wasn't sure what to do at first.

I knew he couldn't get out and he would just keep jumping and attempting to escape.

I asked Kieran to take the can outside to the porch and tip it over so he can run out.

I admit he actually looked cute and I felt sorry for the bugger, I'm not heartless.

He keeps leaving evidence of his trails and it grosses me out. I keep cleaning it up but it is so unsanitary, this is my kitchen for crying out loud..

The other day I turned the dryer on and he ran out towards my feet, I yelled and scared him and he ran back behind there.

Two nights ago he ran across the countertop and went under a towel that was on the stove, then he went down the burner hole.

Last night the kids saw him in the kitchen twice.

I have had enough and bought some traps, yes the snap you and kill you traps.

Jason has set the trap the last two nights and that little shit has eaten the peanut butter and lived to tell his buddies about it.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Soak cotton balls in peppermint oil. If you don't have other pets that will get in to it you can also put out soda. Mice can't burp so there stomach busts.

unschoolermom said...

Mice are difficult to get rid of! We had them in the house we rented before we bought this one. We tried all the humane ways - the thing that puts off the sonic sound (the mice got used to it), the live animal traps (those do work- actually). Finally, though, we just started feeding the neighbor's cats to keep them around our house to catch the mice before they came in (we saw them several times with mice hanging out of their mouths) and got three cats of our own to keep inside. It got better, but I was so glad to leave! They are cute, but they do leave disgusting trails. I got so tired of the endless cleaning up after mice.

Kandy

Me said...

In order for the trap to work you have to monkey with it so its very sensitive and then load the trap with PB (they're greedy little things) and you'll get the thing.

I've thought of other ways to get rid of mice but the smell of a rotting corpse somewhere in my house, well, eeewww....

Tina said...

Get a cat girl. Three maybe. :) :)

justjuls said...

Oh boy! It is pretty funny.
A mouse is no biggie - but we lived in an apartment building once where during the winter we got a RAT! I'm not kidding. I was standing in the dimly lit kitchen in the early part of the morning drinking a glass of water, and all of a sudden, I thought a cat ran by - because I felt a long tail go over my foot! I freaked out when I looked down and it wasn't a cat's tail slinking in between the cupboards!!! I was terrified to walk in my kitchen for weeks - but thankfully we never saw him again!

Sandra Dodd said...

We have cats, and I still have to catch mice sometimes. Cheap traps, throw them away mouse and all. Plastic trash bag, stick your hand in, just touch the trap wood, turn the bag back out over your hand, and you'll hardly have to see a thing.

I like rodents. I've had a pet rat. Holly's had pet rats. I love prairie dogs. That doesn't mean I want mouse poo in the kitchen. Every couple of years we see a few. I feel sorry for them but I send them to heaven.

Me said...

Sandra, that is exactly how I get rid of the mice! Dh is allergic to cats so I have to take care of the meeses myself ;)

Paige said...

Ewwww...this is the sort of thing that makes me cringe simply by reading it! I hate hate hate hate mice! I buy packs of poison and keep them on hand at all times just in case we get one. ; )

Usually the cats take care of the little devils before I even know they're there, but if they don't catch them I'd *much* rather smell a dead one than a live one.

A couple nights ago the girls played a joke on me. Anna bought a fake mouse and Emma colored it with a red crayon so that it looked like a cat had been eating it, and they left it in front of Anna's dresser (where the cats leave mice pieces sometimes) before we went out for our walk. When we came back in Emma went to their room, turned on the light and yelled, "Oh, GROSS! MOM!!" I went to see and there lay that mouse! I just stood there and squealed, until DH came, looked over my shoulder and said, "That's not a real mouse." LOL I felt kinda silly...