Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Reunion

Next year is my 20 year high school reunion.

This just isn't possible!

I'm still 17!

I have hooked up with some people on facebook and they have a website started for our class to join and post updates and pictures and reconnect with people.

I have my yearbooks out and have been looking people up.
You know when you recognize a name but aren't sure who they are.
There are also people I remember immediately and would love to catch up with.

I was never into school, I know it's no surprise.

I'm actually enjoying seeing where they are and what they have done with their lives.

My life is drastically different then what I planned. Plans are great but you have to account for reality and plain old changing your mind.

I didn't go to the 10 year reunion because I was extremely pregnant, even though we lived closer then.


I am trying to find one of my best friends from high school, we keep losing touch.

She is the one Jason was dating and she was my maid of honor.

I found her a few years ago while in PA and now her email doesn't work and I have no idea where she is.

I'll keep sleuthing around.

That sounds kind of naughty, LOL!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I am a high school dropout. Life sucked back then and school just made it worse. I have carried around lots of less-than feelings for years about school stuff. I went to my 20 year reunion just to meet up with an old friend. I was surprised at the healing that came from going. I thought everyone would be super successful and I'd still be the dropout, quite the opposite. It made me sad that I had wrong perceptions all these years.

Penny said...

Well my 25th reunion is next year, and I'm still 17 too! I dropped out w/out dropping out. I left HS after junior year, got a GED & started LSU a year early. Dropped out there too [g]. Then real learning began!

Donna said...

I didn't go to my 10th or 20th. I had plenty of friends in school, but I lived (still do) in a fairly affluent area and we had quite a few rich snobs in my school. And they are the same ones who planned both the 10th and 20th reunions. My 10th I was pregnant with youngest DD and was not going to my reunion in that condition, LOL. My 20th was held at a local country club and tickets were $65 per person. Just ridiculous. I heard they had a really small turnout, because, hello, not everyone can swing $130 just to go to a high school reunion! Plus I have kept in touch with most of my dearest high school friends, I still live in the same town I grew up, so I see friends who are still here, I see the house I grew up in all the time, and I see the school I went to. That's enough for me : )