Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Giving

It really does feel good to give.

We are rarely in a position to give money.

In the past I have given my time and help whenever I could.

With it being the holiday season it does bring out the good in most people. Jason and I would love to be able to give to those less fortunate.

It's hard when you are just living paycheck to paycheck with your own kids to feed and clothe.

I have started to go through some clothes the kids have outgrown. I always give them away, I used to sell them but now I don't.

I have several items that I am giving to someone who really needs them and can't afford to buy them.

In giving we are both blessed. I feel like I helped someone and her kids are getting something they really need.

I wish I could do more, help more people but I just have to do what I can when the opportunity arises.

I hope we all look for opportunities to give or help others as needed, no matter how small it may seem, it really does make a difference.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I totally agree Steph. I just gathered a bunch of clothes that no longer fit me and I am going to find a women's shelter where I can donate them. It is a good feeling. :)

Show Us The World said...

I love this post! We are looking for ways to do some giving this week. There is always something we can give.

Tina said...

That does feel good doesn't it. At least, you are keeping it all from the garbage dumps.