Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yep!

Scott Noelle does it again, he ends up in my inbox saying things that are very true at the right time.

Let's just say my household is out of whack, I could blame it on the moon...

Obviously I'm emitting stress and everyone else is feeling it and acting upon it.

Although I have made it quite clear that I am indeed cranky and it sucks to be in my skin I didn't want my family affected by it.

I have been doing my best to keep my cool and resolve issues and I'm doing pretty good. I just have this overall attitude of physical and mental crankiness. Everything and anything could bother me at any given moment and nothing at all could bother me because really it's just ME!!!

I am not comfortable in my skin right now so please DON'T touch me.




THE DAILY GROOVE ~ by Scott Noelle www.enjoyparenting.com/dailygroove::
The Canary In the Coal Mine ::

Long ago, miners avoided death by bringing canaries into the coal mines. The sensitive songbirds would react to small amounts of toxic gases, thereby alerting the miners to the invisible danger.In a way, our children provide a similar service.

We've been so conditioned to tolerate stress that we often fail to seek relief from it, but our sensitive children have no such tolerance. They often feel*our* stress before *we* do!

So when your child seems particularly irritable and reactive, it's a good idea to ask yourself whether s/he might be reflecting *your* stress. Check in with your body and emotions, and let yourself *feel*what's there. Seek the fresh air of soothing, stress-free thoughts, and then bless your child for keeping you in touch with your Inner Guidance.

http://dailygroove.net/canary

Feel free to forward this message to your friends!(Please include this paragraph and everything above.)Copyright (c) 2008 by Scott Noelle

2 comments:

Tina said...

This is probably why most people ship their kids off to school or daycare. They do not want to deal with the "ON-ness" of it all. Not me. My kids are my center, even when I am irked.

justjuls said...

I can so relate!