Saturday, April 12, 2008

Prevent abuse

I have been thinking way too much and not writing at all.

Some stereotypes and labels bother me, what bothers me is the people that make the stereotypes true.

First I'm talking about Christians who give us a bad name, you know the ones I'm talking about?

People hit their kids and the man rules over the wife and children and it's all because they are Christian. I have had to stand up lately and say hey I'm a Christian and I don't do that or believe this and it really pisses me off that non-Christians are getting the example of Christianity from people who I believe are misrepresenting Christ because the Jesus I know would not act like that and He definitely wouldn't hit a child.

My friend Deanne has posted about National Child Abuse Prevention Month and I wanted to pass it on.

2 comments:

Deanne said...

Thank you, Stephanie! ;)

Tina said...

It's that type of mentality and actions that made us RUN YEARS ago from organized religion.