Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Real friends

Where to begin?

Tonight we met in person but we have known each other online for 1 1/2 years so it was just like old friends hanging out.

Wow! We just ate and talked and the kids played and it was just so cool.

Julie you are so awesome! I loved just sitting here talking, and your kids are so cool.

Brennan told me that it seemed like he met Kullen before, he wasn't a stranger, he was a kid he already knew.
That speaks volumes coming from Brennan, very comfortable, very real.

Cassie was so excited to meet real live teenage girls and Jared was just excited to meet all of you.

Kieran and Jason had a great time too :)

I love the internet, we would have never met otherwise.

It is so wonderful to know that the person behind those cyber words is a living breathing human being.







Cassie, Kaitlyn, Kendra, Julie, Stephanie, Kullen, Jared



Julie and me :)


All of the kids, we took these right before they left, it was late and everyone was still smiling :)

I don't even know what to say, you guys rock I loved just hangin out and being ourselves.

I keep writing and deleting ...ugh it's 3:18 am and I must get to bed :)

Love ya girlfriend, talk soon!

5 comments:

justjuls said...

This is so awesome! We had the BEST time too! It is so fun when you just click with somebody. I was so worried it would be awkward - and the kids asked questions all throughout the trip about you - and it felt weird to me that they didn't really have an idea who you were more than they did. In my head, I was like, "You know, Stephanie!"
It was comfortable and real and I hope we get to do it way soon!

Donna said...

How cool that you guys got to meet and hang out for a while. You're right Stephanie, the internet is such a great tool that it enables us to meet and make friends with people that otherwise we would never have known.

Wendy said...

Super Cool! I met Karen in GA, it was awesome. Especailly now being able to put a real life face and voice to the typed words. I wanna meet all my cyber freinds IRL.

And throughout my parenting years I have drawn more support from online friends than real life friends....typically.

Grace Walker said...

I'm so happy to hear that you two got to meet in person. I wish I could have been there too. Hopefully, at some point. :o)

Love you guys!

Sandra Dodd said...

Great account and photos! It does help to have faces and voices to go with the words, and for kids to get to meet other unschooled kids. I'm very grateful for the online contacts I've made--those I get to meet and those I don't both.

I love the internet.