Wednesday, October 22, 2008

About Me

We interrupt the political news for an important message from our sponsor...

Learning through Living is an unschooling and respectful parenting blog and it is also about me and things that matter to me.

Well now lets talk about me, shall we?

Awhile back I posted an entry asking if everything can be blamed on hormones.

Well I am here to tell you that YES, EVERYTHING can be blamed on hormones!

My husband is a much better keeper of my traits than I am. He tells me that I did the same thing last month. I guess I tend to forget my atrocities from month to month.

The reason I'm writing about this is that the last 3 days I have been extremely bloated, I have digestive issues but this is severe. I also tend to crave salt not sweet, like I want mustard and pickle juice, weird, I know.

The last few days my heart rate has been fast, I've been feeling weird, like anxious, stressed, hyper, and now my blood pressure is elevated.

Some of you know that I found out a few months ago that I have high blood pressure. I am losing weight and exercising, I have lost 24 pounds and my BP has been fine, I am on medication though. My goal is to lose 50 pounds and get off the drugs.

So I have been on meds for at least 2 1/2 months and my BP has been great. I bought a machine and I take it a few times a day.

I guess last month I had a few spikes that I didn't record and now I'm having spikes and Jason says it's my hormones. My doctor believes I'm in peri-menopause and they did say it could affect BP, the last time I was there in August.

I have an appointment Nov. 5th, the day after the world better do the right thing...

Ok so I can't help myself :)

I need to keep track of my symptoms better so that I can see the pattern and relate it to my doc and ease my mind. Now my numbers are not emergent or life threatening but definitely much higher than they should be.

Jason said just take your BP next week and you will see it will be fine, I hope so.

I have to learn to deal with stress better it's one major area that I struggle with.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Praying for your health Stephanie.

I understand about the hormone thing. I always have anxiety/panic attacks just before my period. Of course now that I have hit my 40's, I am beginning to suffer the joys of getting old. Hot flashes, mood swings, spotting, all those fun things that happen when your hormones are out of control.

Tina said...

Wanted to let you know that I have been faith-fully reading. Love you and be careful my friend.

justjuls said...

You have a lot of stresses right now - your dad is not well and the whole political process is overwhelming.
Don't let high blood pressure go - even if it isn't consistently high. It is a silent killer - and I'm not being dramatic. You probably need meds for a while.