Friday, October 22, 2010

Why?

Why do I focus so much energy on dissing the public school system?

Many of my posts here and on facebook are about the downfalls of school.

Why don't I just post happy unschooling stuff? Well I do but I am trying to plant seeds. So many people have never even questioned the institution. They just blindly and willingly send their kids there.

Of course I don't know if anyone reads here who isn't already homeschooling.

The system is broken, I don't think it's fixable. Sure we could improve it, I wrote about that recently.

I am just very passionate about unschooling and very passionately against compulsary schooling.

I just want to share my views and the realities speak for themselves. There is so much in the media about failing public schools.

It's a huge political agenda, politicians are clueless. They just think more money and more testing will fix it.

Getting rid of testing would be a huge step in the right direction.

I don't think it's a waste of my breath or that it takes away from unschooling.

Heck I just have to tell someone! ha ha!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Stephanie,
I completely agree with your viewpoint, and I also share my viewpoint with others whenever I have the opportunity!
Susan