Saturday, November 15, 2008

An evening with moms

The homeschool group that I have been going to has decided to do a moms night once a month.

Tonight we met at a coffee shop that had live music.

I hardly ever leave the house without Jared, he brings new meaning to attachment parenting, but he is almost 6 1/2 and he has let me leave him twice this month.

I told him that just the moms would be there, no kids, he asked me about the dads. I told him the dads were staying home with the kids so the moms could meet.

He was ok with it :)

We had a great time, good conversation, we are still getting to know each other.

It's so funny because all I have ever done is try to make social networks for my kids but in the process I have met some great ladies.

We all get along and we are learning more about each other and accepting where we are at in life.

It was fun, I had a cafe mocha for my inquiring friends, if you can mix coffee and chocolate you are on to something wonderful.

Jared called me because I told him I would be an hour and it turned into two, we were just conversing freely.

He was so cute and told me he missed me and informed me that I missed Numb3rs, one of my favorite shows.

I told him it was ok, I would watch it online and I would be home soon.

It's nice to make friends, I am so alone in my beliefs sometimes that I can forget there are others out there who may just understand where I'm coming from.

Cassie is so excited because she is making new friends with all of the girls, she has been surrounded by boys all of her life.

Life is good, chocolate, coffee, friends, wine, I'm a happy camper :)

Now if my hormones would cooperate... LOL!

I won't bore you, I'm working on it, my hormones cause my blood pressure surges.

Oh joy!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like fun, glad you had a good evening!

justjuls said...

That's so awesome - and even when they don't understand or agree - they can still be your friends enough to give you room to be yourself.
I hope this turns into something awesome for you!

Show Us The World said...

Sounds like you had a great time! The year before we went on the road, I sort of ditched everything else with the homeschool group I was in, but kept going to the mom's night out because I loved them so much. Hope you continue to enjoy them.

Tina said...

I'm glad to hear this. New friends and meeting old ones are always fun.

Something that I don't quite get enough of myself.

unschoolermom said...

That is great! Isn't it wonderful to meet people who are like-minded? I love it!

Kandy