Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Easily offended?

Well you wouldn't be reading here if you were!

So many times online we see people get offended even if comments weren't directed to them. People will shun off whole groups because of one person. People will either make a big stink or leave without saying a word.

In our day to day life people are offended at church, the store, the park, the post office, in traffic, on and on and on. Why do some people take offense so readily? Why do some people think the slightest comment to be offensive? Why do some people take offense when no offense was intended? WHY???

Well being a straight forward to the point kind of girl I am... I have offended people in my life. Why? Because I tell it like it is, I call it like I see it, I'm honest, I speak my mind.

Anyone who really knows me doesn't take offense to anything I say. I'm really easy to get along with, I'm pretty nice and will do anything for a friend or a child.

I have tried so hard over the years to curb myself, I think so many things that I never actually say. When it comes to unschooling, kids, public school, school at home, stupid parenting, ignorance or any number of things that I feel passionate about, I'm going to speak up. So many of us are just being ourselves we don't mean any harm, we do not intend to offend.

Offense is in the eye of the offendee, LOL! I mean some people just wear it all on their sleeve and get offended by the wind blowing. Some people may be going through something that we don't know about and take offense to something we say in passing or joking. We really can't know what one is thinking or feeling without them telling us.

So I say buck up and move on life is too short to stew about something someone said when they didn't even know you were offended by it.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hear Hear
From one continual mouthy offender to another.
Ha!
Tina