Friday, April 17, 2009

Mean kids

What makes little kids treat others so bad?

I really believe that public school is the root.

There is a little boy that lives down the street, he moved here over a year ago.

He has been nothing but trouble.

He is 7 or just turned 8.

He came over today wanting to play with Jared.

Jared went down to his house and less then 10 minutes later came home.

We have had several incidents so I told Jared if he is mean just come home.

Today it was over something stupid, it always is, and it doesn't even make sense.

It's just ridiculous, this kid can't get along with other kids.

Awhile back my kids were playing with some other kids and this boy and his friend came by and started calling them names.

I feel bad for this kid because he isn't going to get very far in life by being a mean bully.

He just needs to stay away from my kids.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

I totally agree about public school. It's not a popular opinion, but we've had so many bad incidents with school kids that I have no choice but to believe that it has to be school. I'm glad you said it. :-)

Stephanie said...

Your welcome :)

unschoolermom said...

Yep! Totally agree! Just an aspect of socialization.

Kandy

Penny said...

I agree public school is a cause, but I think it goes even further than that. Kids are treated like crap by most of society, and they assume that it's okay to treat others that way. It doesn't help that people say things like "kids can be so cruel." They learned it from somewhere, they don't come that way!

Stephanie said...

I was going to mention parenting but didn't get into it. Kids are not respected at home or at school, it definitely runs deep.

Homeopath said...

Interesting blog you have here!

Stephanie said...

Thanks!

WomanHonorThyself said...

I'm back up and running..thanks for hangin in with me!:)