Thursday, June 21, 2007

Offspring

Not the band, LOL! I like them but I'm talking about our kids.

You know our kids are just little versions of us, they have our genes, they have our good and our not so good traits. They look like us, they act like us, I think it's God's way of giving us insight and understanding and for giving us a second chance, providing we don't blow it like our parents did.

I'm not dissing our parents, they did the best they could with the tools they had BUT we know better, we know different and it's our responsibility to step up to the plate and own it.

My little boy, whom I love more than I can express is causing some great heaps of turmoil here. I know his personality, I know he gets frustrated, I know he is a little version of his dad. I want to help him deal with his frustration, I want to help him overcome these issues. When I remain calm and act the way I want him to he does calm down, not instantly it takes a while. He tells me not to look at him, not to talk to him. When he gets like this everything is stupid, he hates everything and he just lashes out.

I understand his frustration and I want to help him but sometimes I talk back to him the way he talks to me and he doesn't like it. I just want him to realize what he is doing.

He is so full of energy and life and he is always acting something out and talking and just being such a sweet boy. He is his father reincarnated, we joke about this, but it has some serious repercussions. My dh never had anyone try to help him and when him and Jared are together they are looking in the mirror.

It's not just those two, I see ourselves in all of our children, I don't want to harbor on the so called negatives of our personalities. Sometimes those qualities are beneficial, we are striving for the best in our children.


After reading what I wrote I deleted a bunch it just seemed to personal and didn't sound the way I wanted. I think it's time for me to talk about unschooling or something.

No comments: