Monday, August 29, 2011

Breathing

I have been having a hard time breathing for several weeks now. In May my allergies started up and it has progressed and moved into my chest. I used to have asthma when we lived in PA. I haven't had trouble since living here in TN.

I am allergic to ragweed and the weed pollen has been very high all summer. We have had and are still having an extremely hot summer with very little rain. I can't remember the last time it rained, I forgot what rain looks like. The forecast is hot and the weed pollen is high with no end in the near future.

It got so bad that I went to a clinic today and got a steroid shot and a new prescription for albuterol, I have a nebulizer and have been using some old stuff for the past few days. My chest is so tight I can't get a deep breath to get the medicine in there.

I'm hoping the shot will open me up so I can breathe again.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Hope you get relief soon! New Orleans has been covered in smoke from a marsh fire for the past 2 days. We're too far for it to affect us, but my sister is keeping her nebulizer busy too.

Does the med make you speedy? I hate taking steroids.