Friday, January 14, 2011

Random about me

I used to blog a lot about unschooling, public school, parenting, politics etc... I kind of went in a hole the past two years.

I've been dealing with a lot of personal issues coming up from childhood and hormone, anxiety and blood pressure issues to name a few. We also dealt with unemployment and moved a year ago.

I want to get back into being out there and saying what's on my mind.

I've been to many doctors, I've had many tests, I kind of know a bit about what my body needs but it's hard to stay on supplements and good food, it costs a lot of money.

I'll be 40 later this year and I really want to have all of this shit figured out, I want to be healthy and feel good and have some sort of balance.

I was thinking though, I am an extreme person so maybe balance isn't all it's cracked up to be.
I'm quite fun and interesting with my hormonal swings... Except when I cry for no reason, that's not fun...

Yesterday I was feeling really off, I mean weird..er...than usual. My husband says it's your hormones, roll with it, some people take drugs to feel what you are feeling...

I'm a bit better today but I had a blood pressure spike at 8 am that woke me up... I'm erratic still, I'm on meds that I want to get off, so fixing what is causing this would help.

I'm way better than I was a year ago, I was having serious issues, I don't remember if I blogged about it here, it was probably on my private blog. Anyway if I look back I can see how much better I am.

I've also lost about 22 pounds the past few months, that makes me happier, I still would like to drop another 20,  if it happens, it happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know how you feel - my hormones are all over the place, told though that is to do with still breastfeeding. I am forty this year too - next month actually, and it may sound silly but I feel under pressure to be getting it all right by this age - good wife, mother, tidy home etc etc plus being the right weight which I am SO not, and of course wanting to look like I am not 40 too - its like being a teenageer all over again - messed up but with wrinkles!
Take Care x

L.J. Lowe said...

you're doing good girl. just keep flowing. :)

me, I don't believe in balance... balanced hormones, sure, but not this elusive balance the rest of the world seems to be striving for. I want to be bold. I want to be full of life. I want to fling myself into the next thing with a whole heart and rock it as best I know how.

balance??? nah. :)