Friday, May 11, 2012

Being a mom

I became a mother almost 17 years ago, it's the best thing I have ever done. There was a time that we didn't know if I would be able to have kids so the fact that I have 4 is a true blessing.

When my babies were born I held them all the time, nursed them, slept with them, talked to them like they were real people, because they are real people, just little.

I met their needs the best that I could. I put them first, I shared my day with them. As they grew and developed and started walking and talking and coming into their own, I enjoyed every minute of it. Although some of it is a blur from pure exhaustion, I did have 4 kids in just under 7 years.

They are now almost 17,14,13 and10... The years really have flown by. I respect my children and parent with them in partnership, trust and love. We have great relationships, conversations  and have lots of fun together.

I am proud to say that my children are my friends!

With Mother's day approaching I always think why do we need one day to shout out. I believe that every day is Mother's Day because I am honored to spend each day with my children. Moms want to feel appreciated for everything they do so it's a good idea to let them know all the time, not once a year.

No comments: