Monday, November 22, 2010

Calling it off

I'm calling off Thanksgiving dinner  due to gluten!

I tell you I've been having a pity party.

My favorite part of dinner is stuffing, biscuits, gravy and apple pie!

Sure these items can be made gluten free but do they taste good?

I am not going to experiment trying to make these items in two days when I haven't even figured out how to do it regularly.

I pretty much just avoid gluten, I have it once in awhile by choice.  Sure I could eat regular stuff and possibly suffer .

UGH!

So WAHHHHHHH!!!!!

I'm not sure what we are having for T day dinner anyway, it's just us.

Just venting...

5 comments:

Susan B said...

Have you ever been to the Crockpot Lady's website? Almost all of the recipes are gluten free and most are easy.
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

We're gluten-free, too. After a few years, I don't even think about the gluten stuff anymore. I saw the other day that Bisquick has a gluten-free version.

Stephanie said...

It's just me and it's a fairly new issue(since July)
It is frustrating to me still.
Pizza is my favorite food and I haven't found gluten free crust that actually tastes like pizza.

daisy g said...

It's a bit of an adjustment at first, but after a while, it gets easier.

labatterie said...

I don't even think about the gluten stuff anymore. am not prepared to make anything gluten free.