Saturday, September 02, 2006

Where to begin

Do you ever feel overwhelmed by all the stuff you want to do that you don't know where to start?
We moved into this house in April and we are remodeling it, it's come a long way but there is so much left to do before it is done.

Jason is working hard at getting the house fixed and I have accomplished a lot of unpacking.
One problem is that we have too much stuff, we got rid of a ton before we left PA and I have been giving things to the goodwill lately. We had a basement in our old house so all the big toys and hockey table and foosball table and race tracks have no where to go here. No garage no basement, we do have an attic and have put stuff up there and we also still have things in storage.

We need to downsize some more and I just don't know where to begin, the kids don't want to get rid of any more toys. I also have storge issues and we are in need of shelves and places to put stuff.
I have a lot of the kids resources out but I also have a lot in boxes in my closet. I need ideas of how to store the stuff but have it accessable (that word doesn't look right)
We keep supplies in the hutch in the dining room, the cupboards are full of books ,paper, crayons, markers, scissors, glue, pens & pencils.

I am the type of person who hates clutter and I like to be able to put it away or at least hide it :)

So it's hard to keep things clean and put away when there is no where to put it. I did get the kids rooms organized pretty well with bins to put the toys in and shelves for the books. I know it's a process that takes time, moving was a huge thing for us and we were in limbo for about a year.

It's time to settle in a new state, in a new house, make new memories and learn as we go.

No comments: