Saturday, March 03, 2012

Witnessed at the playground

I was hanging around keeping an eye on Jared running through the playground when I saw something that really bothers me.
I heard a little voice from the jungle gym say,"Mommy can you get my apple juice, I tirsty."
The mom sitting on the bench says, "No, I'm not walking to the car."   But I'm tirsty...... Mom: I'm not walking to the car, you'll be fine...

Then I see the little girl and I mean little, probably 3 years old... She tried to get her mom to get her juice, mom wouldn't do it. They left a few minutes later.

It's a playground, kids play, they need a drink. Smart thing is to bring the drink with you. I'm just so bothered by this because you can bet the farm that if the mom was thirsty she would walk her ass out to the car!

This small child couldn't do anything about it.

Don't be a lazy ass parent. That is pretty cruel in my mind to deny a child a drink because you are lazy!

3 comments:

Cap'n Franko said...

You tell 'em, sistah!

Laurie A. Couture said...

This is disgusting behavior and goes against nature's intent for children. A parent's responsibility is to meet their children's needs, at every age. Can you imagine a mother bear refusing to hydrate her cub? Denying a child his or her basic needs distresses and hurts children and harms the parent-child attachment relationships, setting up children for emotional distress.

Stephanie said...

I completely agree Laurie!
It seems I always see something horrible between children and parents.
It makes me want to stay home!