Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sleep?

This is just a little follow up that just happened right after my article was released.

We have been renting this house for 1 1/2 years and the owner decided he didn't want to own it anymore. Today it was auctioned off.

All week we have been cleaning and decluttering to prepare for the sale. We had to get up about 7:30 am to get ready by 9:00 when people would be allowed to walk through our house.

You know that out of the 6 of us only 2 do mornings well. We tried to go to bed earlier but it didn't work. I only slept from 3-6am, I just can't sleep when I know I have to get up early.

The kids only got a couple hours of sleep also. Everyone got up and got ready and had fun, well I wasn't having fun, I was miserable.

When the auction was over 2 kids napped, I laid down and went semi unconscious for an hour and the other 2 kids are doing fine.

I guess I'm just saying we got up, did what we had to do and moved on with our day.

This is an example of an outside force imposing on our natural sleep rhythms. It is difficult to go to sleep just because someone else deems it necessary. We had no say in the time of this auction and had to do our best to handle it.

As of now all of us have had a nap and some of us are really out of sorts. It will be nice to go to bed and wake up naturally.

No comments: